Corravahan, or Coravahn as it was called by a number of former owners, is a substantial early nineteenth century classical country house of c. 1840, designed by William Farrell in a restrained late-Georgian style. The house, which was originally built as a rectory by the powerful Beresford family, replaced the original eighteenth century parsonage at Drung. Essentially a square, regular three-bay three storey block over a basement, the West elevation has a full height two-bay bow, the entrance front has a single bay, single storey central porch, and there is a substantial return to the North.

Address & Contact

Corravahan, Drung, Ballyhaise, Cavan, H12 D860

t: +353 87 9772224



Available as a Film Location

Houses and Garden

Individual House Visits

Groups by Arrangement

Individual Garden Visitors

Culture and Education

Concerts, Plays or Recitals

Educational Visits

Accommodation and Short Breaks

Holiday Cottages


Meetings or receptions

Opening Details

Open Jan 9-10, 16-17, 23-24.

Feb 13-14, 20-21, 27-28.

Mar 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28.

May 7-10, 14-17, 21-24, 28-31.

Jun 11-14, 18-20.

Aug 12-22, 28-29.

Sep 4-5, 11-12.

9am to 1pm

2pm to 6pm Sundays. 


Adults €10.00

OAPs, Children and Students €5.00

Entry free to members of HHI, Irish Georgian Society and UAHS

Limited parking during restoration works

No dogs please


Corravahan: Architecture & History